Gold Cup findet nicht statt
Der ausrichtende Verein 'Kalev Yacht Club' kann den Gold Cup 2021 unter den aktuellen Covid-19 Bedingungen leider nicht durchführen.
Absage des Gold-Cups:
The Estonian orga team of this year’s Gold Cup has announced the cancellation of the event due to the overall pandemic situation in Europe with no clear picture of what will happen in the next couple of weeks:
- The risk level of Covid-19 in Estonia two months before the Gold Cup dates is officially still high and the forecasts do not expect it to change before the event. Also the spread of the Covid-19 virus is still high in several other countries where competitors are expected to come from.
- Many sailors competing on folkboats are often at risk of the virus due to their age.
- The logistical choices of the folkboat sailors coming to Estonia have been significantly disrupted. Participants from Germany, Denmark, England and Sweden do not currently have a reasonable boat transport route - the ferry service provider has not yet officially decided to open the Stockholm-Tallinn ferry line this summer.
- Based on the current Covid-19 indicators, most participants are subject to self-isolation requirements when they arrive in Estonia and when they return to their home country.
- Under the current Covid-19 restrictions, the actual racing part of the Gold Cup event can be carried out, but the historically important shore program, traditional after-sail events and even normal social interaction between sailors are under strict limitations.
The team will keep their experience of all steps necessary to organize such an event and will be back with an application in 2023 with the hope that in those out days we all will have a more or less ‚normal‘ life.